Safety And Burning Tips
At 1313 Candle Co., we want you to experience the maximum enjoyment and pleasure from your candle. We take great pride in making them using only the finest quality ingredients and materials. However, it's very important that you burn candles responsibly to ensure their safe use. Please follow these guidelines to keep your candles a bright and beautiful part of your life.
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets.
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Do not burn the candle longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/8 of an inch at all times.
- If smoking occurs, blow candle out. Trim wick(s), remove trimmings, and relight.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material. Keep the wick centered.
- Avoid burning candles in drafts.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Keep them within sight at all times.
- Do not use lid to extinguish flame as top is flammable.
- Please handle glass containers with care. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped, or scratched.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke. Also, be sure that the wick is no longer than 1/8". If it is, extinguish, trim to 1/8", and relight.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn your candle for 3 hours at a time. It is normal for a small amount of wax to be left. The amount may vary by color, fragrance, and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2" of wax remains at the bottom of the jar. Only burn in a suitable holder, or on a plate or other other fire- and heat-resistant
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.